Thursday, July 2, 2015

Another Open Letter For Mrs. Hilary Clinton

Hi Mrs, Clinton,

I am going to jump on Marianne Williamson’s band wagon about this presidential run.  You definitely don’t know me.  I don’t know how I can say I really know you?

But, who am I kidding, the reality is, to you I am just what they call, “a housewife”  and if you think that rhetoric still doesn’t exist today, well think again.

Sometimes, I get so annoyed that we as women feel that we have come so far but we really have gone nowhere.

boss-vs-leader_264722-624x

Let’s get down to it.  You were once a mom, a wife, a young woman raising a new life.  You have to be able to relate to me right?  If not, I’m confused because your campaign is saying that you can.

You wouldn’t be lying to us now would you?

I won’t waste any time.  Each night I am responsible for providing a meal for my husband and three children.  I am going to skip the “feminist” debate that says I don’t have to do that.  That’s not the issue at all.  I like to do it.   It’s one of the few things that makes me feel good about at the end of the day, but ironically it’s also the most stressful – motherhood!

Tonight, as I scraped off the food into the trash can and thought of the state of the world today and realized how many people that I alone could help, I just got livid.

Who knew there was so much discussion about FOOD!  Ask a mom with kids today and they’ll admit it’s enough, to drive any sane person crazy.

I know I am not alone when I look at the amount of food that I toss away, whatever the reason.

We would be lying to ourselves if food hasn’t become an economic and constant debate in today’s family households.

According to the FAO, industrialized nations, that’s us, waste 1.5 trillion pounds of food a year, that’s an amount almost equal to the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa!

Though we’ve done our best to hide it from public view our Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs reality is beginning to sink in.

Filling cornucopias with an abundance that no one is even expected to eat is no longer something the world can abide. It’s too expensive, and it’s trashing the planet while millions go hungry.

As, Nick Nuttall,  of the UN Environment Programme, acknowledges “Food waste is a stupid problem.”

Mrs. Clinton we are displaying a woeful lack of vision with the eternal laws of life.  The American nation desperately needs a vision of its own purpose.

As a Presidential Candidate you can represent the mothers, the sisters, the wives and daughters of EVERY SINGLE PERSON doing evil in the world.  You can have the power to stop them.

Live and Learn. We All Do.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please share :-)

Please don’t forget to leave a comment. 

 


Filed under: Economics, Politics, wellness, Women Tagged: 2016 Presidential Run, Food Waste, Hilary Clinton, Housewife, Huffington Post, marianne williamson, mom, open letter

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1GSUEcT

No comments:

Post a Comment